Thursday, November 10, 2011

The angry, the distasteful, and the undeniably attractive.

There are a lot of angry people in Salt Lake City.

I don't know why.

But, seeing as Salt Lake is my current place of residence, it's kind of a bummer sometimes.
My people-watching consists of many frowny and scowly faces.
And that makes me sad.

I just want to go up to people and say,
"Do you need a hug? Or a role model?"

But, instead, I take the safer route by just smiling at them as they pass by on the streets.
Sometimes they smile back.
Most of the time they don't.

And I think that's what I love the most about this city.

It's horrendously beautiful.
It's terrifyingly perfect.
It's disgustingly stunning.

It's real.

And, for now, it's home.



2 comments:

  1. That picture is beautiful!
    So many people are always in such a hurry they don't have time to smile back, unfortunately. Or they're just too busy being busy. Ah, such is life.

    www.jessicakutok.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Contradictions make life interesting (= The photo is indeed beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

you look really good today!