Saturday, November 19, 2011

Sweet Child o Mine.


It was what seemed to be early morning in the fall. I was walking on a pathway that ran straight through a park with many tall trees. It was cold and I could see my breath freezing midair. I was walking a dog. A dalmatian wearing a red collar on a red leash. I specifically recall looking down at myself. I was wearing a tan sweater and a black jacket. I smiled at the simplicity of my state of being. There was a tall, manly figure wearing a red sweater walking on my left hand side. He had dark skin and hair, but I couldn't see his face. He spoke, but I can't remember what he said. All I remember is that his voice was deep and soothing. It tingled all of my senses and I loved him. I knew that I loved this faceless person. And upon that realization, I grabbed his hand and squeezed it tightly. Suddenly, I heard laughter up ahead. Much laughter. I looked and saw three small figures running through the trees, chasing one another. They screamed and laughed and yelled back at me to join them. "Come on!" one of them shouted with and instructive hand to chase them. I passed the leash to the man on my left and ran up ahead. I chased them for many minutes, but never came close enough to see their faces. There was so much laughter and so many trees and so many autumn colors.
There was so much love. I could feel it all.
And I didn't want anything to stop this wonderful place I was in with the five beings that I loved more than anything.
I didn't see a single face. But I felt individual love.
And I wanted to be with all of these faceless people for the rest of my life.

And then I woke up.

It was so vivid. So clear. So perfect.

I don't want to call it revelation.
But I do want to call it hope.
Hope that this dream will maybe be a reality.
And hope that this kind of happiness is in the plan for me.

1 comment:

  1. I once heard that you only dream about people you've seen.



    You never know.

    ReplyDelete

you look really good today!