Sunday, December 18, 2011

Do you ever hate yourself?

I mean, not completely.
But you look back at something that you did and you just wish that, more than anything, you could go back for a redo.
Because sometimes we make poor choices when it comes to being "in the moment."
Life would be a much smoother road if we had some time to think about the pros and cons of every decision that we have to make.

And, a lot of times, you hear people say that they would go back and redo something in a heartbeat.
Because they have the hardest time getting past the shame of something they chose.
Or didn't choose, for that matter.


Today, I thought hard about this..

I've made a lot of mistakes.
And done a lot of things I wish I didn't do.
And I have often wished that I could go back..
Often wished I could start over and make myself out to be less of a fool.

But, realistically,
if I ever had the chance to go back, to rewind,

...I'd probably do it the same.

Broken hearts, stupid hair cuts, and all the rest.

Wouldn't you?




No regrets.
Only lessons learned.


-M



P.S. Go see My Week With Marilyn. It's what inspired the above photo. 
I guarantee you'll love it.


1 comment:

  1. Sometimes, yes. I hate myself. Often, though, I learn from it.

    ReplyDelete

you look really good today!