Monday, July 26, 2010

Friendly Face

Some people come into your life in the most subtle of ways, and leave the most obvious traces of themselves on who you are.



Meet Lauren.
The classiest girl on the block.

I can not fully express the love I have for this girl, for I can not even fully comprehend it.

To tell you the truth, I don't know how she and I became friends.
I can tell you about how old we were when we crossed paths, and some things we had in common at the time we met, but I don't have a clear memory of the first time we spoke, and why it was that we first spoke.
She's just sort of always.... been there...
And for the last four years, I have been so grateful to be able to call this lovely lady my dear friend.

She and I are two peas in an extremely misunderstood pod.
And I do believe that is exactly the way we like it.

We know each other backwards and forwards.
And she moves me to tears every time I watch her dance.


She's a teacher. She teaches me everyday, whether she realizes it or not.

Lessons from Lauren:
Persistence.
There is no such thing as giving up. There is nothing that can stop you from living the life you dream for yourself.
Happiness.
We make the decision for ourselves whether we want to be happy or not. Through the thick and thin, keep a smile on your face and carry on.
Emotion.
It's okay to feel. Let yourself feel. Don't bottle it up, because it will someday surely explode. And where are you supposed to go from there?
Strength.
Hold your head high. No matter what.
Love.
Love with your whole heart and let nothing stop you.


I lean on her through my most difficult times and learn from her through my weakest times.
Without her and the things she teaches me, I would surely be a lost soul.

"Mallory. I know that you are going to do what you need to do. You're a big person and you can make decisions for yourself. Just remember that there are people who love you. So be smart. And be safe."

I owe my life to the girl with dark hair and freckles.



By: Mallory

No comments:

Post a Comment

you look really good today!