Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Small Facts.

Today, I learned a plethora of things.


Ahem.


Did you know that 1 in every 5,000 Atlantic lobsters are born bright blue?


Did you know that there are twice as many kangaroos than people in Australia?


Did you know that the home plate in baseball is shaped like a house? (I never noticed this until today... Maybe this is common sense and I'm behind on knowledge.)


Did you know that when glass breaks, the cracks form at about 3,000 miles an hour?


Did you know that your hair grows for a few months after you die?

Did you know that the average person spends 2 years of life on the telephone and 6 months at red lights?



I'm not sure how I learned all of these things in one day.
I just did.
I was flooded with random, useless, pointless, fantastic, small facts.


It's these small and insignificant facts that define who we are, I think.
They define this life as a whole.

Each of us defines ourselves by the small facts that build who we are.


For instance:
My name is Mallory.
And these are small facts about me.


- I only eat the red candies.
- I have a large birthmark on my upper back.
- I love grilled cheese sandwiches.
- I have a perma-bruise on my left knee. (It will not go away. I've had it since I was like ten.)
- I have exceptionally small ears.
- I can not, for the life of me, trip my R's.
- I'm deathly afraid of grassshoppers.
- I'm the only child in my family without a biblical name.
- I'm deathly allergic to fire ants.
- I have a weird love for men who can pull off a 5 o'clock shadow.
- The only food I do not like is beets.
and
- I love museums and exhibits.

What about you?
How often do you take the time to step back and look at yourself?
And realize that everything about you is vital to who you actually are?

There is nothing about you that doesn't make up who you truly are.
So flaunt it. All of it.
There's nothing that you should try to change; no habit you should try to break.
Because it's a piece of who you are.
And that's the way it's supposed to be.



By: Mallory

No comments:

Post a Comment

you look really good today!